Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Classics: Poem 2: जीवन क्या है?

My Classics: Poem Corner


Hope you liked the fitness schedule I shared this morning. As promised last Saturday, I am here with my second Poem 'जीवन क्या है?',  (that) I had written just after my 10th Board exam (March, 1999). This was the only poem I had written on a sad note (and perhaps will be the last one).

The Poem reflects the mind of a some 15 year old Narendra, who leaves his first school and more importantly his school friends. In his limited and im-matured mind it was like......like a mountain falling overhead, like the end of all happy and fun filled days, like plunging into a deep trench...down and down and down.....and still down. The school was kind of world for him, he had heart felt connections to it (Why not? He spent 8 long years there). Also, he had a crush on a fellow classmate and he would not be able to see her again was something troubling him. In a state of despair he penned down his feelings.

Okay. My dear Friends and Readers, I present to you my second Poem straight from the pages of my first journal:

जीवन क्या है?

 




Enough of negative talking. By no means Life is all this negative junk written above by the teenager me. In fact, Life is the most precious and a beautiful gift, a platform to perform our best in each aspect.

Okay. One important message I wish to share here. The incidence which I wrote before the poem could be anyone's story during those adolescence years.  That mindset had put a negative impact on my studies for a brief period. I did not perform to my potentials be it academics or other areas of life for the next 2 years. So, if you have an younger brother or sister (or a son/daughter) passing through similar stage, I urge you to constantly counsel him/her and encourage them to focus on bigger things ahead in career and not to waste time thinking about the opposite gender. All good things will come with time. Why waste precious time. If you are wasting time, you are wasting your life. The earlier people understand this the better it is for their life ahead. 

Let me recollect those beautiful lines on life that I came across several years ago. Still remember by heart :)

LIFE is a gift, I accept it. Life is an adventure, I dare it. Life is a mystery, I'm unfolding it.


Life is a puzzle, I'm solving it. Life is a game, I play it. Life can be a struggle, I'm Facing it.


Life is beauty, I Praise it. Life is an opportunity, I Took it. Life is my mission, I'm fulfilling it!


My next poem is a 'masala'  and feel good poem written on my school days. One of my favorites. Coming next week. Stay tuned !!

Wishing you all a Happy and useful Life.

Good Night. Subho Ratri (as they say in bengali here in Kolkata)

Narendra Gupta 
13 Apr 2013; 9:30pm



2 comments:

Alok Thakur said...

bahut badheya NPG

Unknown said...

Dhanyawaad Alok Bhai!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...